Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Margo's Room


I made this blanket to incorporate more
of the elephant fabric into the bedding set.
My sister is about to POP!  Margo Elizabeth has been growing in the Belly for 37 weeks and Leanne is READY for her arrival.

This lovely sister of mine has a degree in Interior Design.  She has a wonderful eye for color combinations and organizational design.  Can you imagine how adorable Margo's nursery is???  Well, you don't have to imagine for long!  Most of this post will be showing off my sister's talents.  However, there are a few of my own pieces included as gifts for my sister and my sweet little niece.

The first fabric Margo's mommy chose was this precious elephant print.  One swatch was mostly pink, while another swatch was blue and brown.  I'll give you one chance to guess how she made the final decision on this pink. :)


Margo's elephant :)

I also told Leanne I would make her an elephant themed...well...something... to use as artwork but might also be able to be used elsewhere as Margo grows.  The end result was this soft, cushiony elephant that now hangs over Margo's changing table.  I have never cut a piece of thick foam into such a specific shape before this elephant came along.

To make this little elephant lady, I drew and elephant outline onto a piece of newspaper to use as a pattern.  It really worked out nicely, and I became proud of actually being able to draw an elephant just from look at the fabric.  *I will never claim to have a talent for drawing.  NEVER*

Then, I just sewed her together, adding a border to give her some depth.  I attached the ear using fusible web.  It is very cheap and very easy to use if you ever want to do an applique.  She may not be perfect, but I was very happy with how cute she turned out to be.  :)

Now, explore Margo's room.  I hope you all appreciate Leanne's wonderful talent, put to use with MUCH love for this little blessing of a girl who will be joining us very VERY soon.

I really love this shelf unit Leanne found at IKEA.  It's very cute and very functional.  As for the "MARGO" letters, she and I spent about 30 minutes in Hobby Lobby putting together multiple combinations of their selection of paintable letters.  The awesome pink and white clock was also a Hobby Lobby find.
The green pillow with the brown elephant is one of Leanne's custom creations.
Margo's elephant in her new home.
Leanne covered an old table we've had forever to use for the changing station area.
This is Margo's cozy little bed.
Leanne made the bumpers, the bag that ties onto the front of the bed, and the awesome elephant pillow.  
I think her bed corner is so adorable.  Leanne made the curtains AND the awesome mobile you see hanging from the ceiling.  She talked about the mobile idea so much.  I knew it would be cute, but goodness, the finished product is so beautiful.  I wish I had a closer picture of it.  She is definitely one talented little pregnant woman. :)
I hope you enjoyed your tour through Margo's room!  I just decided today that I am going to make a wreath for her birthing room.  We'll transfer it to her bedroom door when she comes home.  I'll put up pictures once I get it finished.  I just can't wait to meet her!!!  She most definitely has a wonderful place to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment