Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time for a BIG GIRL bed!

The thing about kids...they grow REALLY fast.  Every time I see my niece, Lily, I can't help but notice how tall she looks or how long her hair is!  This means, she is ready to move out of her first bed and into a BIG GIRL BED.  Her mom told me that she has asked for a pink bed. *Because pink is her FAVORITE color.  Just ask her.*

Lily's mom has been on the lookout for the perfect new bedding for the big girl bed.  We searched through IKEA...looked at quilts...talked about making quilts....you name it.  Finally, she found EXACTLY what she was looking for.


This tutorial for a twin size duvet cover is so great!  You can also alter it to standard measurements for a full, queen, or even king size cover.  I'm including the link for the tutorial, just in case you want to give it a try.
http://sew4home.com/projects/bed-linens/357-stylish-baby-nursery-twin-bed-duvet-cover

Lily's mom didn't want to go with such bold colors for the big girl room, so off to the fabric store she went.  You should also know that she took my Interior Designer sister along to help make choices.

I'm not gonna lie, when they showed me the fabric they picked, I got SO excited!


Do you love it as much as I do?  I think it is completely precious and oh so stylish.  I've been working on it over the past couple of days and think I will be finishing up very soon!
I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished product.


In a mostly unrelated note....Have you met Margo?!  My second, sweet little niece was born September 29!  She was 7 lbs and 2 oz. and such a healthy baby.  She is beautiful and I can't help but just stare at her when I hold her.


I could just eat her up!  Maybe someday I'll get to make her big girl bedding, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment