Thursday, December 15, 2011

Adventures in Hannah's Room

About a month ago, I wrote about my dear friend, Emily's baby shower. - You can read it here. :)

There, I mentioned that I played a key role in transporting Em between Arkansas and North Carolina.  The problem with having a baby shower a thousand miles from your house is how terribly expensive it would be to check all of your luggage if you flew all the presents home. :)  So, she flew home one way, and we had a road trip back!  Can I remind you that she was 35-36 weeks pregnant at the time!  While most of you might be feeling sorry for me, I want you to know RIGHT NOW that this trip was very fun.  What better way to catch up with a long-distance friend than spending 15 hours in a car together?! 
1004 miles - 14:48 to go! :)
In all seriousness, we had an ALMOST flawless drive, and a lot of great talks and laughs.  We even drove a teensy bit out of the way to stop at The Cheesecake Factory before the last little leg of the drive.  

Another perk of my chauffeuring duties was getting to spend a week on the Carolina coast, helping one of my very best friends prepare her home for baby.  I took one day to drive to the coast and walk the beach while Em was at work.  The ocean was calling my name. :)
The BIGGEST project we needed to tackle while I was there, was putting the final paint on Hannah's walls.  Momma Emily's idea for colorful squares on the wall came to life throughout the week!  
First we taped off the squares.  I had to do anything about shoulder height or higher, since Emily was sooo pregnant. :) Though she is not pictured, she did A LOT of the lower wall work.  I don't want you thinking I did it all by myself.
Then came the paint!!! And before long............
We had it all finished and furniture in!
What a lucky girl with such a creative and lovely bedroom!  Her bedding is still in the works.  I should have pictures to show you in the coming weeks.

AND, one last thing to share.  I made Miss Hannah a very special present.  I have always wanted to make a quilt, of any kind.  I know they involve a lot of time and energy, but I came across an alternative to a fancy quilt *RAG QUILT!* and decided I would start there.  So, with some cute, girly fabric I had laying around the house, I decided to make Hannah Mae a rag quilt to give as a special present from Bear.  It turned out so much cuter than I ever imagined it!!  I will definitely be making more of these in the future.


Finally, look who showed up to snuggle into this quilt!!!  Hannah arrived QUICKLY the day after Thanksgiving!  A Black Friday Baby.  She is little, but very healthy and VERY loved.  Such a beauty.  

Congratulations, again, Tim and Emily.  I can't wait for you to have Tim home and holding his sweet little girl.  I have such admiration for military parents who start their parenting days in such a challenging way, and somehow, with such grace.  I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment